Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Sreepada Sreevallabha Charitaamrutam - 33

Chapter 33  
Sri Sreepada personally performed the wedding of Ramani and Narasimha Rayudu
I took the permission of Sri Sreepada. Sri Sreepada instructed us, “My dear Children! You go from here to Sree Pithikapur. My auspicious blessing will be with you as an accompanying protection.” In compliance with the command of Sree Maha Guru, myself and Sri Dharma Gupta reached the bank of the river Krishna on the other side. We saw the foot prints of Sree Charan on a rock. Sri Sreepada used to stand on this rock and offer surya namaskar(obeisance to Lord Sun). We felt wonder and happiness on seeing the foot prints of Sree Charan on that rock. We reached Panchadeva Pahad Village. We were following a foot path formed in a  jowar field. The owner of that field cordially invited us. He offered sweet fruits to eat and gave sweet buttermilk to drink. The name of that cultivator was Narasimha Rayudu. He built a house in his field. He requested us to rest in his house and accept his cordiality. We agreed. He was describing the glory of sportive plays of Sree Charan. He narrated, “Sir! My name is Narasimha Rayudu. I was very weak and timid in my childhood. I lost my parents during my childhood. I was brought up in my maternal uncle’s house. My aunt was very termagnant. I had to do lot of manual labour in their house. There was much work in the farm. My uncle had a daughter named Ramani. She was more beautiful than all the girls in the houses of our relations in that town. Besides that she was a mass of all good qualities. She was having devotion to God. She used to worship Sree Krishna as her chosen deity. She could not tolerate when my aunt was providing me stale food. For me food was too little and courteous treatment was nil. Work and stress were more. Our Ramani used to offer me sweet fruits and warm food without being seen by her mother. If my aunt were to see it Ramani along with me was also getting blows and rebukes from her. Even though my uncle was good, he was an incompetent one who could not protest to his wife. Sometimes my maternal aunt used to get me beaten by strong young men belonging to other families of kaapu caste. Actually I was weak. By these blows I became much more weak. I was also very timid. Therefore, the neighbours also used to consider me as an incapable fellow. I became subordinate even to those who were younger to me. As our Ramani was very beautiful, the kaapu youths in our town were having an intense desire to marry her. I was not having any property or cash. My body was very weak. Above all I was timid. My uncle was wealthy and had property. Though good natured, he was greedy. My maternal aunt though a shrew, was easily deceived being inflated under the influence of flattery. Our Ramani was praying to Lord Sree Krishna that I should be her husband under any circumstances. In the meanwhile, a fraudulent Sanyasi (religious mendicant) came to our town. A powerful propaganda was carried on, that he worships Mother Kaali and predicts about past, future and present. In fact he was having some powers. His forecasts to the citizens were proving to be cent percent true. He brought our aunt under his undue influence through his deceitful words. Arrangements were made for him to conduct worship of Kaali in our house. He said that the clay idol of Krishna worshipped by our Ramani daily should be thrown out of the house. My maternal aunt agreed. Our Ramani wept bitterly, but in vain. That fake Sanyasi began the worship. Many fowls were sacrificed. The room of worship was all drenched with blood and presented a horrible appearance. Some human skulls, and some more strange articles for the worship at burial ground were kept in the house. He made all the inmates believe that after the conclusion of worship rich hidden treasures would be uncovered and with them the whole family becomes rich. This fraudulent Sanyasi also knew the art of inveigling by charms. He hatched a plot to rob the chastity of Ramani with that art. Due to the weird methods of worship performed by him the health of our Ramani deteriorated. She was behaving in a queer way. She was not her former self. She used to drink blood at dead of night. She was only drinking blood instead of food. The fake Sanyasi was convincingly telling them that Mother Kaali entered into her and for that reason she was drinking blood, and that she would become a normal person on the exit of Mother Kaali; and unless blood oblation was offered Kaali would not be pacified and the hidden treasures would not be available. In this way everything was very horrid. The food receptacles were suddenly falling into the well. Human skeletons were seen in the house here and there. At midnight strange figures appeared making terrific sounds. All our house looked like a burial ground. Our maternal uncle was not bold enough to ask the fraudulent ascetic to leave the house. Our maternal aunt was hoping to get hidden treasures if the troubles were endured for few days. The whole situation was very confusing and perplexing. During one night that fake Sanyasi reached for our Ramani. He felt that his desire would be satisfied as she yielded to the influence of his magical charm. When he came near her our Ramani cried aloud and in a frightening manner hit on his head with an iron article. She did not know why she acted like that. The fraudulent ascetic also did not understand why the person under his control behaved so suddenly in such a fashion. 
 
The dedicated nature of Sri Sreepada in rescuing the distressed
After day break a poor brahmin beggar came to our house. Our Ramani came out of the house and told him that there were a large number of ghosts, spirits and devils and that he may receive them as alms, if he was so willing. That brahmin agreed to that. His bloomy face was placid and brilliant. In the meantime our maternal uncle came out. He also said,“The conditions in our house are in a pell-mell state. If you want you can receive those evil forces creating those circumstances, as a gift. My maternal aunt also joined then. She said, “There is nothing in our house. If you want you can accept the poverty in our house.” I was also present in the house. I said, “Swamee! There is a silver talisman with me coming from the time of my forefathers. If you are willing you can accept it.” He agreed and I gave the silver talisman as bhiksha. In the meanwhile the bogus ascetic brought some human skulls from the burial ground. He jeeringly said, “You! Poor brahmin! If you want you can take these human skulls as
bhiksha”. He accepted.Suddenly a divine effulgence appeared in our house. That brahmin visitor disappeared. Due to that divine effulgence that fraudulent ascetic experienced burning sensation all over the body. A ray from that effulgence entered into our Ramani. She became healthy. My maternal aunt had an attack of paralysis and she lost her speech. My maternal uncle developed violent shivering. I received extreme courage. I felt as if some new strength entered into my body and I felt that I was very strong. Blood streamed out of the mouth of the magician and all his faculties were lost. The divine effulgence wore human form. That divine glorious form belonged to the refuge of all the distressed, the embodiment of all Gods and Goddesses, the one without beginning, middle or end Sri Sreepada Sreevallabha. Sree Charan said like this, “In reality Mother Kaali destroys the demoniacal forces like lust, anger, etc. hidden in the seeker but she does not want fowls, goats and others. Demoniacal forces of the praanamaya jagat(world of life force) assume the form of Kaalika and demand various types of sacrifices. Real Kaalika Maata possesses auspicious qualities like love, peace and compassion. Devilish forces; ghosts, spirits etc; and demoniacal forces in the praanamaya jagat style themselves as particular deites and exhibit evil arts. Evil magicians worship them and cause untold harm to the world. Note that the manes of ghosts in the praanamaya jagat also have the capacity to assume the forms of deities but, the divine powers will not exist in such divine forms.An assurance was given that I will incarnate whenever dharma touches bottom most level, this incarnation of Sreepada Sreevallabha came in consonance with that assurance. This incarnation is invested with infinite properties like love, peace, mercy and compassion. Our house was completely cleansed. The bogus Sanyasi was driven out. From the grace of Sri Sree Charan the paralysis of our maternal aunt abated. Sri Sreepada personally blessed with His own hands and conducted my marriage with Ramani. Then His age actually was 12 years only. He was in Pithikapuram at that time. He was in this Panchadeva Pahaad with His subtle sportive body. These were the blessed akshimtalu (turmeric rice) He granted us that day! He instructed us that Dharma Gupta and Shankar Bhatt would visit this place in future and some of those blessed turmeric rice should be given to them. Oh! What a great sportive playful incarnation!
Victory Victory unto Sri Sreepada Sreevallabha!

No comments:

Post a Comment