Monday, July 14, 2014

Sreepada Sreevallabha Charitaamrutam - 19

Chapter – 19 
 Meeting with Gurucharan 
Vallabheswara couple, myself and Subbanna Sastry were recollecting the sportive pastimes of Sri Sreepada. In the meanwhile a distant relation of them named Linganna Sastry came there. He was a great scholar in vedas and vedaangas. Linganna Sastry was saying, “I came to Pithikapuram for offering oblations to my forefathers at Paadagaya Kshetra. My grandfather even though he was a religious and rich Brahmin was a great miser. He used to adopt to his advantage with perverse logic all emergent relaxations and subtle exceptions to the scriptural injunctions. He was interpreting the principle of yadhaa-shakti (according to ones own might) in a perverse way. He was offering the ten types of traditional gifts meant for the satisfaction of the departed ancestors with a very meagre money. He was managing to finish the ritual somehow. He was inwardly feeling uncomfortable that during the annual sraaddha ceremonies (ceremony in memory of ancestors) money was unnecessarily spent and the guests were eating like gluttons as if it was a good opportunity. He was unhappy that his house was becoming a hollow shell robbed of all wealth. My grandfather died after sometime. My father also followed the foot-steps of my grandfather. Time which devours the world devoured my father also. However, I am conducting all the ritualistic ceremonies to the souls of manes strictly according to scriptures in a scale which was neither high nor low for my capacity. In the meanwhile quarrels for no reason flared up in our house and there was no peace of mind. For no reason what so ever, quarrels were taking place instantaneously. After stepping into our house even very calm going relations became very fierce and started fighting. Our house became a centre for quarrels. My wife was angry with me and left for the house of her parents. While I was asleep my son sat on my chest and tried to stifle my neck with his two hands. My daughter-in-law was abusing me saying,“Many people of your age reached the burial ground. When will your turn come?” My daughter was saying harshly that she must have committed lot of sin in some birth to be born as a daughter to a destitute like me. My son-in-law was taunting me with sarcastic remarks like, “There are no servants in our house. You are robust like a rock. You can come to our house and do work like sweeping the house, tending the cattle in the cow-shed, and when required going to the meals offered to brahmins in religious rites and accepting donation of gingely seeds! We will keep ready gluttonous food for you even by fasting ourselves. You can cook the food and can give us also a morsel of food if any thing remains after your eating.” Life became thorny for me. For every living creature, interest in living develops. They feel that there is sweetness in living but, in my case it was clear that there was no sweetness in living. However, there was fear that I may take a devilish birth if I commit suicide and die. It was clear to me that after my death, funeral rites will not be conducted according to procedures laid down by scriptures. One day I finished all the work entrusted to me in our cattle shed and was about to take meals but, my daughter-in-law gave me stale food. It was stinking. I found some vermin in that food. As I was completely tired after manual labour, the extreme pangs of hunger caused much more harassment. I was too weak even to shed tears. I could not eat stinking food. I could not withstand the pangs of hunger. To me who was in a most miserable state a doubt cropped up in the mind whether this world, these people, and all these relationships were true? Or whether all this was jugglery or a trick of great magic. My mind became dull devoid of the power to think.In such critical circumstances an avadhoota gave me darshan in that cattle shed. Compassion was flowing from his eyes like a big stream. On seeing that divine compassionate one I sobbed immediately like a young boy. I had the awareness that I knew him from lakhs of years. I prostrated on the heavenly auspicious feet of that avadhoota and hugged his holy feet to my heart. That avadhoota touched the food with his divine hands. The food in the plate disappeared. A sweet preparation called halwa was in the plate. That avadhoota took small portion of that halwa and instructed me to eat the rest of it. I ate it with full satisfaction. I regained vigour and strength. The avadhoota asked me to dig the North-eastern side of the house with an iron crow bar. After digging deep, skeletons of two dogs were unearthed. I threw them out.Avadhoota wanted me to pour the porridge into the pit. I poured the porridge into the pit and covered it with mud. Then the avadhoota said that he purged the evil effects of the ghosts and that my house was purified. He added that conditions will improve gradually and that I received a call from the Paadagaya Kshetra, Pithikapuram and that I should immediately start. He assured that suitable arrangements will be made for me and that we will meet again in Pithikapuram.” I started for Pithikapuram with the one dress I was wearing at that time. I did not inform any one in the house and started immediately. After I travelled for some distance evening dusk was fast approaching. I was travelling through a mango grove. The owner of that garden Narasimhappa treated me well. He offered me sweet fruits to eat. My hunger was assuaged. He requested me to accept hospitality for that night in his house. I agreed. In the morning after I finished ablutions and morning prayers he donated me clothes and offered some money as dakshina. I was surprised to note that arrangements were properly made as told by avadhoota. Then that cultivator said, “Sir! Yesterday in the afternoon one avadhoota appeared in my dream and informed that a pious brahmin would be going on foot through the garden. He instructed me to give hospitality to him, and donate clothes and money the next day and offer him mangoes to eat. I had the fortune of seeing you. I am lucky to serve you. I am fortunate.” The farmer was exuberant. From this episode it was clear that the avadhoota was having supernatural powers and that he was not an ordinary avadhoota. I was travelling reciting the vedic hymns. I observed that electric current was flowing in all my nerves while I was travelling dressed in new clothes and chanting vedic verses. On account of the flow of electric power I was experiencing ineffable joy in my body. I noticed that a vedic pandit was coming quickly behind me. He was reciting ‘Saavitripanna’ in the vedas. I also joined my voice with him.Then that vedic scholar said, “Saavitripanna is very important. In treta yuga Bharadwaja maharshi performed Savitrakaathaka sacrifice. That was also performed in Pithikapuram. According to the promise of Lord Datta sometime back He has incarnated in Pithikapuram as Sreepada Sreevallabha. Vedas are approved by the Lord.Even though the authority for the recitation of vedas was given to brahmins only, authority for study is given to all castes.Brahmins were worshipping Sree Krishna. Then what about Sree Krishna? He was washing the feet of brahmins and sprinkling that water on His head. You are very fortunate because you received the call from Pithikapuram. Then I asked him about who was Sreepada Sreevallabha and that I wanted to hear about His greatness. Then that vedic scholar said, “My child!Darshan of Sreepada Sreevallabha destroys all sins. He is verily Sree Dattatreya. Pithikapuram is His sportive birth ground. In ancient yugas great people used to incarnate along with main incarnation when the need arose. In previous ages there was a pious couple named Suseela and Vishnu Datta. That great devoted lady Suseela was experiencing identity with Mother Anasuya during her spiritual exercise. She was experiencing labour pains on the day of Datta Jayanti. Vishnu Datta, during his spiritual endeavours was experiencing identical oneness with Sage Atri. That state of merger of different individual identities into one entity is non-physical, uncommon, beyond perception of mind and intellect, a divine mystery, one which cannot be accessed through speech, and one which is inexplicable. They are born now as Sumati Maharani, and Appalaraja Sarma. Sri Sreepada was born as their child as a fruit of their intense penance. They belong to Krishna yajurveda sect, Aapasthamba sutra, and the lineage of Bharadwaja. Laabhada Maharshi, a sage from vysya caste of an ancient yuga was born as Bhaskaracharya during the time of incarnation of Vasavi Kanyaka and as Baapanaarya, father of Sumati Maharani during the time of incarnation of Sreepada Sreevallabha. You will see those great pious people in Pithikapuram. The farmer who donated you clothes and money was working as a labourer in a previous birth under Subbaraamayya Sreshti, father of Pynda Venkatappayya Sreshti in Pithikapuram. As he had meals in the house of the extremely pious Subbaraamayya Sreshti he became a land lord from that great punya and is enjoying all comforts. Pynda Venkatappayya Sreshti and Narasimha Varma of Pithikapuram are very dear to Sri Sreepada. Those people have devotion of parental love towards Sreepada in abundance.Then I questioned, “Sir! I observed that the bonds of action are very complicated shackles. It is said that during the yagna if the pavamaana ghatas (vessels used in sacrifices) are broken the head of the presiding priest also breaks and he dies. Now-a-days yagnas are performed. If by accident any one out of the three pavamaana ghatas is broken the head of the presiding priest is not broken. What is the reason? As the matter, whether auspicious or inauspicious– told in vedas and scriptures are not happening atheists are deriding veda saastras.” That great person replied by saying, “My child! In the yagnas conducted in the present times there are no life destroying materials like electric current etc., in the pavamaana ghatas. The officiating priest who conducts the yagna must be a great spiritual achiever. The fire of yoga must clearly reside in him. That yogic fire only will generate electricity in the pavamaana ghatas. If a great yogi presides and conducts yagna immediate results will follow leading to the welfare of the world. Instead of that if namesake exercises are done we cannot derive the results enunciated by veda saastras. There is also a mysterious meaning in the monetary gifts of 16, 116 and 1116 numbers. Lineage relates to father. This dharma will not change as long as creation continues. ‘Saapindya’ relates to mother. This dharma will be abolished after seven generations. Son and money are the two fruits of marriage. To obtain these two a woman called fire is essential.How Sri Sreepada will have caste differences when He will not differentiate between attributes. He preaches non-dualistic perception but not non-dualistic action. Just like Aadi Shankara, Sri Sreepada has no partiality. Aadi Shankara taught, ‘hema vidya’ to people of gowda caste who make a living by tapping toddy and who help others and who are of passionate nature.Aadi Shankara did not teach this ‘hema vidya’to brahmins who are sattwic in nature. In the same way Sri Sreepada extends His grace to all, depending on their eligibility irrespective of their race, religion, colour and age.If Aadi Shankara taught ‘hema vidya’ to brahmins they would turn as misers and forget about their rightful duties, getting entangled in money and other enticements. Mind, intellect,ahamkaara(ego), five rudiments of elements including earth– these eight are called inert natures. When combined with nature of animate world they become nine. One represents nature of animate world. Numbers two to nine are symbols of eight inert natures. Zero is the symbol of brahma tattwa . Mathematics originated from numbers 0 to 9 representing the activities of rudimentary natures or creation. Sri Sreepada used to jokingly ask for alms of two chapaties ‘do chowpati dev lakshmi’. This represents the numbers 2498. In His every movement and every word many meanings will be found. ‘Two’ represents all pairs of opposites in the creation; ‘four’ stands for ‘sthoola, sookshma, kaarana, maha kaarana’ bodies; ‘nine’ is the symbol of changeless brahma tattwa; and ‘eight’ represents maha maaya. Sreepada is Ardhanaareeswara.” The Cosmic Form of Sreepada I belong to Penugonda village which is called Bruhatshilanagar. I am called Ganapati Sastry. I came to Vaayasapura agraharam (Kakinada) for pursuing vedic studies. I was learning veda by serving a guru. My guru had some fields near his house. He had large number of livestock. I went to the field for grazing the cattle. One day, a ten year old boy of brilliant lustre in the guise of a shepherd came into our land. He was wearing a sacred thread in his neck. So I presumed that he was a brahmin lad and asked him for confirmation.Then that boy said, “I am the I! All natures are in Me. A support for all, I am only I! It is not wrong if you presume Me to be a ‘brahmin’ on seeing ‘My brahmanic features’ but that is not only the truth. It is not untrue if you think Me as a ‘kshatriya’ on seeing ‘My traits of a kshatriya’ but that is not the only truth. Having noticed ‘features of a vysya’ in Me it would not be untrue if I am considered as ‘vysya’ but, that is not only truth. It is not a mistake to think of Me as a ‘sudra’ on seeing the ‘traits of a sudra’ in Me but, that it is not the only truth. Even if you think I am a chandaala, it will not be a mistake but, it is also not true. I am beyond all limitations. I am above everything which appear as many truths and untruths and I am the support for all those matters. I am the superior truth. That nature of truth is beyond all boundaries. My dharma is supreme dharma. That is beyond all dharmas and is also their support. My nature is supreme love. It is at a great distance from all traits of love in all creatures in the creation. Not only that. It is the base for all those things. If you consider Me as a male I behave like a female. If you feel that I am a female I will behave like a male. If you assume that I am God Shiva half male and half female, I will prove that I am that divine bliss which cannot be perceived by mind or speech and which prevailed prior to the manifestation of those two forms. How can you know about Me who is having such peculiar characteristics?” I felt all the above dialogue as a raving of one who is having an attack of severe fever. I thought that when there is excess of bile one would indulge in incoherent and mad prattle. That boy who observed my mental condition said, “I am now speaking to Saneeswara. That Saneeswara is telling Me– Oh! Lord! Witness this entertainment, how I will harass this Ganapati Sastry by throwing him with adroitness in very strange entanglements and bonds. However, I told Saneeswara that I am going to receive the consequences of fate of Ganapati Sastry and that he (Saneeswara) cannot throw him into entangling shackles.” On hearing those words anxiety stirred up in me. In fact a very bad period was passing according to my horoscope. When I was in a state of daze that cowherd went to a cow and asked, “Gayatri! I am hungry. Can you give milk. That mother cow turned its head and expressed assent. Streams of milk started falling on the ground from its udders. That cowherd drank that milk to his full satisfaction. In reality it was a barren cow but, it gave milk to the cowherd. All this was very confusing to me. That cowherd sat contented under a mango tree. When I again saw him casually I noticed with him a ten year old girl in the dress of a village belle. They were giving joy to the eyes of onlookers. They appeared like a couple happy to look at. Their merry conversation and funny jokes made them look like a happy couple. In the meanwhile Sri Pynda Venkatappayya Sreshti got down from the horse carriage. A brilliant sparkling lad of ten years was with him. I learnt afterwards that He was Sreepada Sreevallabha Swamy. Sri Pynda Venkatappayya Sreshti donated this land to my Gurudev, in memory of his father. Vast lands abutting this field were owned by Sri Sreshti.Sri Sreshti sometimes visits Vaayasapura agraharam (Kakinada) from Pithikapuram to supervise his lands. Sri Sreshti was amazed on seeing the cowherd and the girl with him because he resembled with slight changes and additions very closely to Sri Sreepada. in addition he was very lustrous. Then Sri Sreepada said, “Grandfather! Why are you so much astonished?” For that,Sri Sreshti asked Sreepada to look at those two people and remarked that the scene was a feast of joy for the eyes. Then Sri Sreepada asked whether the one who sees and the scene that was seen were one and the same. Sri Sreshti replied with felicity that he did not know such philosophical matters. Sri Sreepada said, “Grandfather! What philosophy is there in this? It is said that SreeHari also became astonished on seeing the movement of His maaya which has no limits. This creation is filled with all the nine sorts of humours. One of the conditions of creation is to produce wonderful scenes. There it is two. Here it is one. Is duality true? Or non-duality true? Am I one? Or two? Or many? Please think and tell.” With these words of Sreepada a doubt arose in Sri Sreshti whether the cowherd, the peasant girl were also the creation of Sri Sreepada. Caressing the chin of Sri Sreshti Sri Sreepada said, “My dear grand dad! Why doubt? As long as your family does not forget, Myself, and My Shakti move in your fields in an invisible form! It is a matter of definite experience that the spiritual pursuers will hear the sound of My footsteps in your house! Sree Anaghaa Dattatreya along with His consort Anaghaadevi concealing His Ardhanaareeswara form is in your presence in the form of an Avadhoota Sreepada Sreevallabha. Don’t have any doubt. When I appeared before Mother Sumati at first when I was born as her son, I told her resolutely that no attempt to marry Me should be made and if such an attempt is made, I would certainly leave the house. As you are a Rajarshi who imprisoned Me with your bond of pure devotion I showed you the Form of Anagha along with Anaghaadevi.No action takes place without a cause in the presence of Sri Sreepada. The process of creation is very very strange. I will decide the actions, their consequences and the time and place of their occurrence. To impart knowledge to the ignorant through My actions, sportive plays and miracles is part of My avataaric programme.” Saying so Sri Sreepada assumed the shape of shining illumination and went towards the mango tree in the presence of all of us. While we were all witnessing that peasant girl and the cowherd took the shape of brilliant light and merged in Sri Sreepada. It is an impossible thing that mangoes should grow out of the season but, one unripe mango grew to that mango tree. Sri Sreepada plucked it. The touch of His hand was so effective that it turned into fruit while all of us were seeing it. Just as a mother would feed her infant child with food or sweetmeats Sri Sreepada fed Sri Sreshti with that mango fruit. Sri Sreshti was weeping like a young boy while he was eating that mango fruit.The motherly love of Sri Sreepada was greater than the love of thousand mothers. When compassion and love shower from His divine eyes, He looks very much like Mother Anagha– an embodiment of three Shaktis.The stone of the mango fruit stood erect in the presence of Sri Sreepada and was like a servant awaiting for the orders of the master. With the hand gesture of Sri Sreepada it flew upwards. Even though it was in the form of a stone of the mango fruit, it changed into a lustrous entity. Sreepada averred, “Some people argue dogmatically whether seed is first or tree is first? There is one who is in existence before both of these. He is God. He can generate tree from seed or vice versa according to His Will. Even the Sapta-rishis (Seven Sages famous in the universe) cannot imagine His inexorable resolve.” Paramaatma when tainted is called jeeva. Taintless jeeva is becoming Paramaatma. When jeevaatma merges in Paramaatma all his influences or tendencies exist as fried seeds. Nevertheless, if Paramaatma desires to bring jeevaatma again into the cycle of creation no force can stop Him. However, when the jeevas who merged in Him are brought back into creation they become persons taking birth for a purpose and they perform the mission oF God. At the end of their life they again merge in Paramaatma.Some jeevas who do not like to merge in Paramaatma but wish to remain in close proximity to Him, and continue in that state of bliss.Paramaatma will make such people also to be born as people born for a cause for the purpose of conducting God’s mission. At the termination of their life, without merging in Paramaatma they remain at a very close position to Him and experience divine bliss. Those who want to remain in a state of difference between jeevaatma and Paramaatma, take a purposeful birth and after completing the divine work revert back to their previous position in the next birth. State of duality, or superior duality or non-duality will be accorded according to the wishes of jeevas. Therefore, it is not proper for the people to debate whether non-duality is superior or super duality is great or duality is great. Creation, sustenance and liquidation go on every moment. At the end of kalpa Brahma, Vishnu and Rudra will rest in the state of unmanifest joy of Paramaatma. Again they return to a manifest state according to the maha samkalpa and carry on creation, sustenance and liquidation in the newly created universes earmarked for Them. In the ensuing kalpa Hanuman who is a scholar in nine different grammars will become Brahma (creator). Duties for the jeevas in the programme of universal administration are granted depending upon their powers of faculties and qualifications. Therefore, universes in the creation are many crores and the divine forces employed for their administration are also infinite. Devilish forces which act as impediments to those divine forces are also infinite. Mohammedans call the formless one with attributes as ‘Allah’. Christians call the formless one with attributes as ‘Yehova’. They name the indwelling consciousness reflected in creation as Jesus –Son of God. They also call the heavenly consciousness that foster peace, courtesy, love and compassion as holy soul. I am the one who shines with self-effulgence in all dharmas, religions, and theories! I am the one who is perceived by different philosophies according to their preferences, tastes and the paths they follow! As I am independent in all respects and as I am not subject to possibilities or impossibilities I do not have any specified policy. As I shine with dazzling brilliance in all forms of Gods and Goddesses intrinsically I am the one who receives all worships, and panegyrics through those respective forms! I am the one who grants grace to all! When the delusion of kali purusha ceases the knowledge that I am the embodiment of sanatana dharma which is the quintessence of all religions, dawns. An aspirant can reach Me either through external practice or internal practice. I will always take care of the spiritual aspirant whether he is an external or an internal pursuer. I am the One who calls with love! In vedas also it was declared that truth, knowledge and eternity is Brahman. I am the One who is the form of ‘Satya, Jnana and Ananta Brahmam’. I am the One who preaches to the atheist that there is no God! I am the One who extols about the existence of God to a theist! I am the embodiment of all gurus. I am the One who shines with self effulgence in all states of spiritual pursuit such as Satya loka, Satya nama, Go-loka and Maha soonya!I will constantly take care of the welfare of those who adore Me with pure devotion; who cast all their burdens on Me and seek total surrender from Me. I am Sreepada. I am Sreevallabha. Grandfather! Today’s Sreepada Sreevallabha is none else than the son of Anasuya and Atri of that distant date belonging to the remotest ancient yuga. I have to incarnate in Pithapuram incompliance of the promise made to Sage Bharadwaja. Tears of joy were flowing down like torrent from the eyes of Sri Pynda Venkatappayya Sreshti. He embraced Sri Sreepada very closely. The ecstasy he experienced is indescribable. It cannot be expressed through words.After sometime Sri Sreshti said, “My Dear One! My Golden Jewel! Kindly show your grace on our family, kindly keep your grace on our lineage! Kindly show your grace on our aarya vysya caste!” On that request Sri Sreepada said,“Grandfather! Let it be so! A brahmin has the authority to ask for one boon. Kshatriyas, vysyas and sudras have authority to ask for two, three and four boons respectively. I am granting the three boons asked by you.I am making a solemn promise keeping all the 33 crore deities as witnesses. Sreepada Sreevallabha Maha Samsthan will be established in My name, in the house of My maternal grandfather Sri Baapanaarya exactly at the place of my birth. During the time of 33rd generation reckoned from you, during the 33rd generation of Sri Baapanaarya, and during the 33rd generation of Sri Narasimha Varma I will Myself establish ‘My Samsthan’ making a person belonging to your 33rd generation as an instrument for the purpose.I am instructing Sage Markandeya who is the founding father of your family to receive some portion of the offerings made to Me in the afternoon of every Thursday in some form or the other! By this let the persons born in Markandeya lineage get benefit!My grace is on aarya vysyas as desired by you. I am blessing aarya vysyas to have ruling powers. For that purpose an aarya vysya will become the ruler of Bharata-desa. He will visit Pithikapuram. According to a prediction of a special naadi astrology; He will receive My abundant grace. After that many devotees from Nepal come to Pithikapuram to have My darshan. My order is like an edict on a rock. No creature in the creation can violate My law. Grandfather! My victory bell undergoes variety of changes and it will be interned in earth in the place where My icon will be established.As a mark of the arrival of victory bell some earthen pots will be found in the excavations there. Very much punya is required to extend financial assistance to the Maha Samsthan to be constructed in Pithikapuram. Financial assistance will come only from an individual who was born in aarya vysya caste in some birth and had some connection with Pithikapuram.Non-believers, fools, pedantic arrogant persons demand authority, or proof for everything. Desires are fulfilled by paarayana of My hagiography. All obstacles are removed, if one participates in any noble activity connected with ‘My Samsthan’ in Pithikapuram. If I am worshipped with devotion on the occasion of ‘My birth star Chittha’ troubles from debts will be settled.Marriages of young girls with suitable bride grooms will take place. Afflictions from devils, ogres, ghosts, and other unseen spirits are removed. Sraavana Suddha Poornima is the sacred day on which Sri Vasavi Kanyaka tied raakhee to Me. Chitragupta writes great punya to those who stay in My presence in Pithikapuram on that day.I am an authority unto My-self. My biography is a standard for itself. My sportive plays are their own standard proofs. Why any other proof is required to say that Sun is the Sun?” The sportive pastimes of Sri Sreepada are impossible for others. Next day Myself, Vallabheswara Sarma couple, Subbanna Sastry and Linganna Sastry left for Kurungadda for the darshan of Sri Sreepada. Sri Sreepada blessed us profusely. He said smilingly, “Oh!What sort of discussions! What discussions! Much time had to elapse before the formation of Sreepada Sreevallabha Maha Samsthan! When will the debt to Pynda Venkatappayya Sreshti and Vatsavaayi family be fully redeemed.” After saying so, He became silent. Victory Victory unto Sri Sreepada Sreevallabha!

No comments:

Post a Comment