Saturday, July 16, 2011

Guru Purnima













Yesterday was Guru Purnima. I was aware of it since many days and was not sure about celebrating it in big way because of viral fever and throat infection and the discomfort on account of those. Weather was very bad making me more lethargic. So i decided not to celebrate it.
But Baba plans things according to his own wish. Yesterday i opened my eyes after the alarm rang at 7.15 am , but fatigue didnt let me get out of my bed , i saw outside, it was raining heavily and i didnt know when i slept. At 8.25 am i woke up when my cell phone rang. Unwillingly i took the call. My colleague, who knows about my belief in Sai was calling.. he asked me, maaya do you know, today is Guru Purnima.. just switch on TV.. they are showing live coverage of aarti at Shirdi and see devotees have gifted golden crown studded with diomonds... he was going on and on and i was sleepy.. i lied that i was not aware that today is Guru Purnima.. he was disappointed.. achha... i thought you knew.. i disconnected the phone.
by that time, i was fully conscious, my eyes were wide open and i was in shock... why did i lie..? i am so mean... doing nothing on this day... and still Baba came to me early morning to bless me and also reminded me of Guru Purnima himself. I felt ashamed of myself... his words were echoing in my ears.. i felt as if Baba was saying.... please get up .. today is Guru Purnima and you are sleeping still... ? ? ?

I woke up, got fresh and understood Baba's message. I could not do fast because was on medicines since a week so decided to read atleast 15 chapters of Sai Satcharitra and chant Baba's name all day. I immediately called my colleague and confessed that i lied to him in morning and also thanked him for his call in the morning.
I read 20 chapters of the Sai Satcharitra till 8.30 in the night and most surprisingly, in the afternoon when we were offering halwa to baba, in the tv , they were showing live coverage of Shirdi and Baba's bhajan was playing.. i was so fortunate that i saw the coverage and took real darshan of Baba from shirdi through television. I got so emotional after seeing it... i ran into my room ..placed my head at the feet of Baba for his grace and blessings .. i cried and cried..... BABA WHEN ARE YOU CALLING ME TO SHIRDI......? ? ?

No comments:

Post a Comment